Vacancy Chemical Technologist Estonia
Join the Interchemie family as a Chemical Technologist. Experience unique challenges with the biggest producer of pharmaceuticals in Estonia. Essential for producing high quality products is high quality input and throughput and that’s where you as a chemical technologist make the difference. Your responsible and important work is paramount for our production. Using high quality resources you are responsible for success at the base of each production batch. You will be preparing the mixture of raw materials, monitoring conditions of the mixture and equipment, performing calibrations and checks, correct deviations, filtrate solutions and clean equipment and accessories.
Due to growth, we are expanding our team of chemical technologists. Also known as a chemist technologist, you are responsible for preparing raw materials, making the batch ready for production and cleaning the machinery. We are very proud of our high standards, resources and processes, but we do appreciate that you keep an open mind to possibly even better ways. Experience as a chemical technologist is not necessary, but you do need a bachelor or master degree in chemistry or chemical engineering.
The colleagues from the warehouse collect and bring the raw materials needed for the batch into the production area. Then you scale the materials into the needed quantities using the mixing instruction which is part of the production plan. After scaling you will deposit the resources into the production vassal. Production always takes place in a clean room, sometimes in a sterile environment.
After the batch is produced you will help with the cleaning procedures. You will take samples from the end product so we can analyse them. You are responsible for filling in documentation, such as batch manufacturing records - according to the SOP (Standard Operating Procedure). Following protocol when finished the batch will undergo quality checks and control and eventually be released for dispatching.
We provide a challenging position with room, possibility and assistance for growth. Since this is an essential function where ‘ownership’ and ‘responsibility’ are important keywords, there will be an appeal to your independence and professionality.
Interchemie werken ‘De Adelaar’ B.V. was founded on the 19th of January 1979 in Castenray, the Netherlands. From its humble beginnings in The Netherlands, Interchemie is now supplying partners worldwide with veterinary products including veterinary medicines, nutritional products and disinfectants. We offer our products to careful selected distributors worldwide in Europe, Asia, Africa, South America and the Middle-East. Interchemie produces according to GMP and GMP+ guidelines.
Interchemie operates three production facilities. With 12 production lines, namely: injectables lines, oral liquids lines and water-soluble powders lines. Interchemie has attained this high quality standard by continuously researching and developing new products. Because only by improving our product line can we safeguard the health of animals in the future.
In Estonia you’ll find about 150 motivated colleagues in our production facility and our neighbouring packaging facility. We are located on the beautiful peninsula of Viimsi in the North of Tallinn near the Gulf of Finland. Our organization is evolving and growing. A recent change of management sees us working in a more open, cooperative way with greater ownership and focus on (human) potential. Our CEO tries to visit each department every month to discuss challenges and goals (of the company) and actively wishes input from the departments – involvement, ownership and expertise are keywords.
- Documentation of each work step in the production protocol.
- Handling of raw materials based on the first in first out principle.
- Weighing of raw materials.
- Mixing and preparation of the solution.
- Cleaning after weighing and mixing.
- Monitoring of the operational status of equipment in contact with the reactor.
- Stock accounting and supervision of raw materials.
- Monitoring the working condition of equipment that comes in contact with the mixing tank.
- Monitoring the readings of measurement sensors and the operational condition of equipment.
- Performing the necessary calibrations and checks and recording the results.
- Correction of deviations, informing the production manager if necessary.
- Filtration of solutions.
- A master or bachelor degree in life sciences, such as Chemistry or chemical engineering.
- Ideally some experience as a chemical technologist in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Full time available
- Good Estonian and English skill
- Interesting challenges with the biggest pharmaceutical producer in Estonia
- Broad involvement and autonomy in the whole process
- Highly skilled team and high quality resources
- Growing and evolving organisation
- Bonus on top of salary
Don’t want to miss this chance or do you have some questions? Please contact me.
Pascal Petri – Corporate Recruiter Interchemie – [email protected] - 0031611339375